Monday 18 July 2016

HOW TO HAVE THE GREATEST SUMMER SLEEPOVER! Recipes and more.

Grab your best friend(s) and just have fun. That is the base for a really great sleepover and this will never change. However there are few things to make your sleepover memorable! Today I am going to share to you guys what I think will make a great summer sleepover.



Weather:
Now I know this isn't in the control of you but sometimes you're lucky and sometimes you're not. It's all about using the weather to the best of your ability! If it's sunny then make a den outside and fill it with cushions or blankets. Fill it with food and have the best time ever. However if it's raining (like it always is where I live - England) then set up a den inside. Make it all cosy with all of the cushions, blankets and duvets you own, decorate with fairy lights and then just have fun!!

Ambience:
I know this may also depend on the weather however this mostly applies in if it is rainy or getting nearer night. I feel as though a good ambience is set through candles and mood lighting. This means dim lights and scrolling through Instagram with a movie in the background. I also feel as though lighting can change atmospheres so it can be manipulated to change the mood.

Food:
No great sleepover is completed without food. It doesn't have to be extravangant - it could be as simple as a few snacks and providing dinner. Snack ideas I would reccomend are fruit skewers (maybe with chocolate drizzled over), nuts, crisps and any other nibbles. Dinner I would always go for the safe option of pizzas. However not just Dominos - be creative and make them your self.
Here's something I saw on YT:

For 1-2 pizza you will need:                     
1 packet of ready made puff pastry          
Tomato Puree
Cheese
Spices of your choice
Toppings!!

Method:
1. Get your pastry on your surface
2. Put some tomato puree on your pizza (how much is up to you) leaving a 1 inch edge around the sides.

3. Season your base with salt, pepper and any other spices - i like peri rub, oregano and some chilli flakes.
4. Then put whatever cheese you want - I just went with red Leicester as it is my favourite cheese ever.
5. Then add your toppings - easy as pie!

6. Put in the oven at 180º celsius gas mark 4 365º fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes but keep an eye on it at all times!

It's as easy as that!

Then after we were fed and watered we wondered over on to Netflix and watched a movie. We watched a movie that is oldie but a goodie, in fact I watched the first time I ever went to her house!
And then we of course stuffed our faces with junk like chocolate and popcorn. Can I just point out that this was the nicest popcorn ever (even better than the cinemas)!
The movie was hilarious and we both had a good laugh. Sorry Fridays post was a little late, I scheduled it for 5 but forgot to press publish like a doughnut, so apologies.

ALSO DO YOU GUYS LIKE THE NEW HEADER AND LAYOUT OF THE POSTS?! I really like it!

Previous Post: The Nice Events 🇫🇷 and My Thoughts | Real Talk - good read

Thanks,
Amber

SIDENOTE PLEASE READ: I might post 3 times a week now because I feel as though I am publishing too much content and over saturating my blog, so is that alright guys?! I also feel as though I am rushing my posts in order to get them out to you so if I had a day to construct a post I feel as though it would read and flow better!

POST DATES: MONDAY, WEDNESDAY AND FRIDAY 9:30 AM

1 comment:

  1. Oooh those pizzas looked heavenly I will have to try out that recipe it looks super quick and easy too!
    Great post!
    L x
    thequietresolution.co.uk

    ReplyDelete