Tuesday 21 October 2014

Helpful Makeup Tips | Years of Experience Anecdotes


Today I will be indulging you lovely people in my top ten make up tips. These little advice nuggets I have gathered throughout the years (even though I haven't lived many)! I haven't been wearing make up for years but after constantly watching QVC Beauty and using my own personal experience you pick up a few tips and tricks of the trade and I hope you will too!
There is not a set amount of tips I am going to give you, I don't want to be restricted as to how many I can share by a set number like 5! So basically this list could go on to 66 (doubt it really, my brain is tiny) or it could go to 3 and just stop there(but I wouldn't do that to you). Ohh everything is unknown now. Strap in. Enjoy!


Helpful Makeup Tips:

Advice Tip Number One: 
When it comes to concealer, only use it if you need it. I am not ashamed to say that I have dark circles and need concealer.

Advice Tip Number Two: 
Still going with the concealer vibe, pat don't rub the concealer under your eyes or anywhere on your face to be honest. This avoids it looking cakey and 'too much'. I learned that the hard way. 

Advice Tip Number Three:
 When it comes to first time mascara always take your time. Even if your mum is yelling at you downstairs to hurry up, take your time (with the mascara that is, don't take your time just to annoy your mum)! If you rush it will end up half on your eyelid which then when you try to remove with water smudges grey and then you look like a zombie and that's the end of that.

Advice Tip Number Four: 
I bought my first eyeliner recently, and from personal experience for beginners never use a pen one. Why? Because they look so easy to apply, all you got to do is make a line and your eyes look fab. No. No. No. Never believe it, if your a beginner always go for a pencil, it's easy to apply and it's very subtle!

Advice Tip Number Five: 
Brushes, the old age question of brushes, which to buy, how to use... Well don't dive straight in and ask your parents for a Zoeva kit. I mean a Zoeva kit is every girls dream but at the moment I am making do with a drugstore set. They might not be as good but once you get the hang of using them then start aiming high. Why have a luxury set, if you don't know how to use them?

Advice Tip Number 6:
I don't see many tips on lips. Let's start with lipstick: lipstick can easily make a look, or ruin a look. Always make sure lipstick matches the make up your wearing. I normally do this by seeing wether I have put something drastic on my eyes (i.e a bold eyeshadow with eyeliner) and leaving the lips a nude shade or vice versa. I also tend to go for seasonal lipstick shades so in Summer/ Spring rosy lips, and in Autumn/ Winter a darker lip shade such as browns and plum colours.

Lipgloss: Never get a lipgloss from an own brand store, these are sticky and make your lips look horrid I find. Always get lipgloss from a brand your firmly trust. I find lipgloss is an add on to your make up routine, it's not an essential and thats why so many people miss it, whereas I find lipgloss can really make your lips pop and stand out. 

There it is, some makeup tips that I hoped helped you. If you have anymore I would love to hear them below in the comments. Hope you did enjoy.

Hugs,
Amber
x

No comments:

Post a Comment