Sunday 26 October 2014

How To: Gingerbread Biscuits

Hi there, how are you? Now there has been a problem with bloglovin' at the moment with my profile. If you want to follow my posts then follow this account: https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12732053
If you want to follow my blog in general then this is the one for you: https://www.bloglovin.com/urbanfootprint
All follows are appreciated!
Onto the post, so when I have a lazy day I love baking and I know it cliché but it actually relaxes me and I am going to show you how to make these super yummy biscuits in a few simple steps. I personally found the cutting hard. Right onto the baking!
 ♥ 
Step 1:
Gather all the ingredients you will need. I have labelled everything on the picture and measurements are just below:
For the Gingerbread Biscuits:
350g/12oz plain flour, plus extra for rolling out
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
125g/4½oz butter
175g/6oz light soft brown sugar
1 free-range egg
4 tbsp golden syrup
To decorate:
Writing icing
Cake Decorations
Step 2:
Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, ground ginger and ground cinnamon
So this:
 Turns into this:

 Step 3:
Then add your butter and mix until your mixture looks like breadcrumbs. You can do all this in a food processor but I did it by hand! Why? Don't ask, even I don't know!

 After I finished mixing my mixture looked like this:
 Step 4:
Then add your sugar and mix that in as well:
 And this is what my final dry mixture looked like!
Step 5:
  Now in a separate bowl ( I used a cup because it was the closet thing to me and my arms where now aching at this point because of all the mixing... unfit, I know) crack your egg...
...and add the syrup
 Then mix and whisk this until it looks like this. Nice huh!
 Step 6:
Then pour this egg-syrup mixture into the dry one and mix until it forms a dough like the one below. Make sure all the crumbs are used up! Don't want anyone to feel left out!
 Then wrap your dough in cling film and chill in the fridge for 15 minutes...
 While it is chilling line some baking trays ( I used 3). Insert picture of badly lined tray below! 
And preheat the oven the gas mark 4, 180C, 350 F.
 Step 7:
I then rolled out my dough (badly) on a floured surface and cut some pretty decent shapes. This was the hardest part as I have nimbly fingers but don't know how to use them so I was practically attacking the shapes of the surface! A few bears may have lost their heads...
 Step 8:
I then baked the biscuits for 12-15 minutes, they will come out soft and you may not think they're done but they will harden when they cool. Cool the biscuits for 10 minutes then ice with writing icing and decorate with anything you want!
This is my favourite one, I think it looks like a christmas tree on a star, not a star on a christmas tree! 
Gift Ideas:
As christmas is slowly creeping up on us, you need to get gifting! Baking gifts is a quick simple idea that will impress anyone. These would be great in a pretty bag with a tag and bow.
Decorations:
These would also look great on a christmas tree all you have to do is make a whole at the top, thread a string or pretty thread through it and hang it on the tree. I don't know how long they would last though.
Or you could simply eat them as I did. 
 ♥ 
Hope you enjoyed this and also send me your pictures if you make them at amberoseblogs@outlook.com. 
Don't forget to follow if you enjoyed, it's much appreciated!
 ♥ 
See you soon!
 ♥ 
Hugs,
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment