Saturday 2 July 2016

💛 NEW MAC COLLECTION! 01 - MATTE LIPSTICKS 💛

*this post is not me trying to say 'look at all this stuff I got,' I paid for all of it myself so please don't think i'm trying to show off. Thanks x*

So I'm 16 and don't have a job, which means a very small income.  This also means that most of my income is from birthday/Christmas money. Although I do try to save as best as I can, it always fails and this occasion was like any other.

One day my friend told me that her Mum was going to America and asked if I wanted anything from MAC. I, of course, took the opportunity and told her a few things I wanted.  None the less I did get what I wanted and I am so excited to share the bits and pieces with you today, enjoy!


5 lipsticks, 1 lipliner, 1 highlighter and 1 Fix+ Spray later = non existent and weeping bank accountant! Whoops... 😥 😒

Lets start with the lipsticks!
No particular order just going to pick them out of the bag and tell you what I think about them!

I also suggest if you are an uber mac lover to get comfy with a blanket and a cuppa and enjoy this long ass review (hopefully)!

So lets start of with mattes. I have lined the 3 I got up and I am ready to choose one at complete random.

The Lipsticks:


TAUPE:
I fell in love with Taupe way before Christmas, I showed my friends and my family and could not stop thinking about it (sad I know but all true). I then sadly forgot about it, however when the opportunity arose I quickly added this lippy to my list. I ❤️  it so so so much and cannot wait to start wearing this.
It has brown undertones (i think so, I'm not to sure what undertones are) with a matte finish. I feel as though this colour would work really well when i am not tanned as too much brown is never to good (unless you dig it). I also think as though this colour would be really good in the autumn as it is a brown colour which is always a great shout in those colder months! It also has a nudey look on paler skin which I would love but seeing as I am Indian that's hardly possible...



GIF (tried so hard to actually make a gif, didn't turn out how I wanted to but I tried!)


VELVET TEDDY:
The perfect nude on anyone. I love this lipstick and can understand why it is so popular. Its the ultimate nude with hints of pink as well. I think that it is mostly brown and looks fab on any skin tone. Like Taupe this lipstick is also a matte finish which I love in a lipstick. I think mattes look so much more sophisticated! Another bonus is that your hair does not get all stuck in it (like a gloss) which I hate! All in all I love this lipstick and I recently wore it to my awards evening, it did wear off though but I think that partly may have been my fault. Whoops...


Take a look at the GIF as well to see it the actual product with no editing!


WHIRL:
Whirl is the classic brown. One of the most popular colour from MAC and I can understand why. It is truly a stunning colour. However I don't think that it suits me, I feel as though it is too dark for my skin tone. I will though try to make it work one way or another. If all fails i'll give it to one of my friends. I really wanted this colour to suit me. It is brown with a nude undertone and I think suits paler skin. I also feel as though it comes out much darker on the lips than in the pan.



So that is it for the mattes. Be sure to look back tomorrow (or Monday) for the other two lipsticks and the lip liner. I'm sorry that I'm doing it parts, I have been working on this post since Wednesday and it's taking to LONG!

I also don't want to bore you guys with a make up over load and I also want to make each post to the best of my ability. NO RUSHING! 
Also I promised you guys a post 2 days ago on the new MAC things so I want to deliver however long it may take me.

Previous post (that's actually worth reading): FIRST DAY OF SUMMER 

Hope you enjoyed,

Peace out (wow what an ending)!

Amber x





No comments:

Post a Comment