Thursday 7 July 2016

Me and My Anxiety | Real Talk

*I don't know why i'm writing a disclaimer because it shouldn't have to be said but some people online can be mean so here it is. THIS POST IS NOT FOR ATTENTION NOR FOR VIEWS SO READ THE INTRO BEFORE YOU LEAVE A NEGATIVE COMMENT. (Although no one in the blogging community is mean, but SOME people outside of it don't understand that posts are never for views nor money or shit like that)*

So guys, I am going to indulge you guys into another part of my life, the part that i don't share. If you are not interested, i'm sorry but I felt as though I have gotten to know the 20 odd people who read my posts (shoutout to you guys)!

Here it goes. My anxiety is heightened during stressful periods, this means that throughout my GCSE's I felt shit almost every day. I felt demotivated and drained after school and on the weekends!

*not my pic*

What form does my anxiety come in: THOUGHTS
The thoughts I had are intrusive and horrible. They were along the lines of not doing something will cause something horrible to happen. These 'horrible' things were targeted at my family and that's what anxiety does, it uses the people you love most to do the things it says. For example and I know it sounds really silly but 'If I don't close the door in 5 seconds something will happen.' I used to do what the anxiety told me to do but not anymore.

How I overcame the anxiety:
I talked to my family. Talking helps a great deal whether it's to family, friends or people at school (teachers). I understand if you don't feel comfortable, I felt the same. If you really don't want to talk I suggest the internet, look at forums which help people to go through what you are feeling.
Forums I suggest:
Turn2me
Mind
Anxiety Zone
Or write it down. As simple as it may be writing helped me overcome my anxiety. I used to get all my thoughts and feelings down on paper and that was it. You can rip it up or throw it in the bin afterwards because anxiety is not you.

Some KEY ADVICE my brother told me:
You do not enjoy anxiety, therefore it is not you. When thoughts come in to your head just remember that it is not you. Anxiety does not define you.

He also showed me a video and told me to watch it twice. This guy is talking about depression but if you have anxiety then just replace depressed with anxiety .


That's all. I hope you enjoyed this post and that it helped you in some way or another.
Thanks,

Amber




No comments:

Post a Comment